Monday, March 23, 2015

Clams Scampi

I try to be a bit creative in all of my cooking, always switching up the ingredients.  I had purchased some clams and wanted to do something different with them and so I had. I made Clams Scampi instead of Shrimp Scampi. You can always use shrimp for this recipe or even use both if you like.  Taste the seasonings once they are added in. I always keep several clean tasting spoons near by when I am cooking. This is from Emeril Lagasse's recipes. I take no credit for this, it's for sharing purposes only.

You can forgo the Creole Spices if you like and move on to the next set of ingredients if you don't like spicy.

What You Will Need:
Colander
Measuring Spoons
Small Size Bowl
Medium Size Bowl
Large Cast Iron Skillet *Whatever Skillet Type You Have*
Pot for Fettuccine - *Cook as instructed on package or use my recipe on my blog*
Tongs

Creole Spices Essence:
2 1/2-Tablespoons Paprika 
2-Tablespoons Salt
2 -Tablespoons garlic powder 
1-Tablespoon Black Pepper
1-Tablespoon Onion Powder 
 1-Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1-Tablespoon dried oregano
1-Tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.  Store in an air tight jar or container the remainder of what you don't use. You only need 2-Tablespoons of this.



Ingredients:
2-lbs of Clams.  You can buy them already chopped. 
*I rinse the clams under cool water in a colander.  **The clams almost always have grains of sand still attached to them.  Press the water out of the clams.**




2-Teaspoons Essence **Recipe Above.**
2-Teaspoons Olive Oil
1/4 -Cup Unsalted Butter
1 1/2-Tablespoons Minced Garlic
1-Tablespoon Capers, crushed
1/2-Cup Dry White Wine *I used organic fish stock*
1/4-Cup fresh Lemon Juice
1/4-Teaspoon Salt
1/8-teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
1/2-pound cooked and drained pasta. Fettuccine or Egg Noodles (I had posted my home made egg noodles here on my blog)

Mix the clams in a medium bowl with the Essence.


Place the 2-Tablespoons of olive oil and 2-Tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over high heat.


Add the clams and spread them out evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2-minutes and quickly turn then turn over. Add the garlic and capers to the pan and cook for 30-seconds. Add the fish stock, lemon juice, and remaining 2- tablespoons of the butter to the skillet and cook for 1 1/2-minutes.


Season with the salt and pepper and add the cooked and drained pasta, tossing to coat well.  * I use tongs it makes it easier to mix the pasta.*

Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve hot. *I served mine with a slice of home made Brown Soda Bread, divided and put in to the bowl. The recipe is also here on my blog.*



from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/emerils-shrimp-scampi-recipe.html

Print Friendly and PDF










No comments:

Post a Comment