Friday, March 20, 2015

Banana Pancakes

I tried a new recipe and I am pleasantly surprised how good they were. I am trying to stay away from carbs and gluten. I always try to eat healthy and share new recipes when I find them. I don't know who the original person was that posted this recipe, I can't remember because I have seen it on several different Paleo and food sites. I added in the Cinnamon and Vanilla. To me they would have been too bland if I didn't.  I also added in the Flax for extra Omega 3 and used Coconut Oil because it's very healthy for you.

*This recipe made 3-medium sized pancakes*

What You Will Need:
Medium Size Frying Pan
Small Bowl
Medium Size Bowl
Whisk
Spatula

Recipe as follows:
2-Eggs well beaten
1-Banana
2-Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed *Optional*
A splash of Real Vanilla
Dash of Ground Cinnamon
2-Teaspoons Coconut Oil
1-Tablespoons Blue Agave Nectar or Pure Maple Syrup **Don't use artificial Maple Syrup. All it is, is artificially maple flavored corn syrup which isn't good for you.  Read the labels.**

In the small bowl beat eggs and set aside.  In the Medium bowl, the mash the banana, it's better if it is very ripe but doesn't need to be. Add in the Ground Flax Seeds,Vanilla and Ground Cinnamon, mix all well.

In a skillet put in 2-Teaspoons of Coconut Oil and melt, keep at low heat. *I use Coconut Oil because it's extremely healthy for you.* You can use any cooking oil you choose. Poor the batter about into the hot frying pan, silver dollar sized or larger. (Depending on the size of your skillet) When they bubble on top it's time to flip them, do the same with the other side. This is very healthy and good for you. I top mine with peanut butter and pure maple syrup.  Eat and enjoy! 


Print Friendly and PDF


No comments:

Post a Comment