Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Strawberry Salad

I love the summer months because there's an abundance of farmer's markets in my area.  Fresh produce, vegetables and fruit right out of the farmer's fields are so fresh and delicious.  Big factory farms are pushing the family owned farms out of business, another reason why I like to shop at the markets, I'm supporting small family businesses.  You can find almost anything you are looking for at a farmer's market, it's not just fruits and vegetables.  I purchase fresh cheese, milk, veggies, fruit, meats, home made soaps, candles, etc.,.  This is a nice way to also get back in touch with your community as well.

This strawberry salad takes no time to make, you can eat it alone or pair it with a meal.  You can toast the walnuts if you like, I didn't bother.

What You Will Need:
Sharp Knife
Large Bowl
Vegetable Peeler
Salad Tongs

Ingredients:
1 16-Ounce Package Strawberries, Washed, Dried and Sliced
1 16-Ounce Bag Walnuts Halves & Pieces *About a handful or more if you like. I used Fisher's.*
1-Small Sweet Onion, Peeled and Sliced.
1 7-Ounce Block Cheese *I used Kerry Gold Skellig*
1 12-Ounce Bottle Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar *I used Maple Grove Farms*
16-Ounce Mixed Greens

*Note: Add as little or as much as you like of the above ingredients, this is just a suggestion as to what I had made.*

Directions:
Remove mixed greens from packaging and put into a large bowl.  Add in the walnuts, sliced strawberries, onions and cheese. For the cheese, use a vegetable peeler and slide down the side, or across the top, it will make ribbons, or you can use a knife and cut in to junks. Drizzle the strawberry balsamic vinegar over the top of the salad and then gently toss with salad tongs and serve. I had served this salad with my Kielbasa with Grape Jelly and my Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sweet Potato Chips, also listed here on my blog.


Print Friendly and PDF










No comments:

Post a Comment