Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Caprese Salad With A Twist

Life around here has been a bit hectic to say the least, so on this particular day I had made an Italian supper-dinner that looks beautiful and wasn't all that time consuming or hard to make.  Along with my Caprese Salad, I also served Aglio Et Olio using Farfalloni Pasta that I had found in a specialty store. I also had found Lady Fingers, Lumaconi Pasta, along with beautiful heirloom tomatoes. For dessert I had made home made Espresso Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches, made with home made Chocolate Pizzelles.  For Pizzelles, I will tell you that you need to have patience and time, if you don't, then make Toll House Cookies instead. LOL! These cookies are delicate and you can only make 3 at a time, you also need to cut away the excess over flow away and separate them with little kitchen shears-scissors around the pattern. I brok 4 out of 40, leaving 36. I'll go in to more details when I post the recipe. Unfortunately my computer is having some issues, so I'll get those recipes and a few others posted here as soon as I can. Now....on to the Caprese Salad.

What You Will Need:
Sharp Knife
Large Platter
Linen Hand Towel or Paper Towels to dry your produce, or let air dry.

Ingredients:
8-9 Fresh Strawberries, Large, washed, dried, tops removed and Sliced in to halves
1-Cup Fresh Blue Berries washed and dried
8-Fresh Basil Leaves
1-Yellow With Red Streaks Heirloom Tomato, Medium. Wash, remove tops and sliced into wedges.
1-Red Heirloom Tomato, Medium. Wash, remove tops and sliced into wedges.
1-Pink Heirloom Tomato, Medium. Wash, remove tops and sliced into wedges.
1-Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Ball, Medium
1-Bottle Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar *I use Maple Grove Farms*

*Note: I used Heirlooms because they are so pretty with different shapes, sizes and pretty colors. You can use regular tomatoes if you like.*


Directions:
In the middle of your large platter place the mozzarella ball. Arrange the blue berries so they go all away around the mozzarella.  Next, arrange the halved strawberries so they go all way around the blue berries.  Next, alternate the sliced tomatoes by color all away around the strawberries.  I laid one slightly on top of the other. Top the tomatoes with the fresh basil leaves. On top of the mozzarella ball place 3-strawberries.  Drizzle the top and the sides with the strawberry balsamic vinegar, to your liking.  You can always add more when you plate it. That's it, enjoy!   With this and any of the recipes I share, I'd love to get some feed back from my loyal followers.



































































Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment