Thursday, August 9, 2018

Espresso Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

I had previously mentioned this recipe on my "Caprese Salad With A Twist" post.  I had made this for dessert, along with home made Chocolate Pizzelles.  I paired them together making ice cream sandwiches, they were a real hit with my two grand kids.  Although I do have an ice cream maker, this recipe doesn't need one, how great is that?  My mistake was only making one batch, next time I'll make two. 😊

I will tell you that you need to have patience and time for the Pizzelles, if you don't, then make Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies instead. Or purchase cookies at the store. LOL! These cookies are delicate and you can only make 3 at a time, you also need to cut the excess over flow away and separate them with little kitchen shears-scissors around the pattern. I broke 4 out of 40, leaving 36. Although delicate, they are pretty and taste really good. I'll go in to more details when I post the recipe.

What You Will Need:
1-5x9 (1.5 Quart)  Glass Loaf Pan
Measuring Spoons
Measuring Cups
Can Opener
Spatula
Large Bowl
Stand Mixer With Whisk Attachment. *If you don't have one, use a hand mixer and large bowl*
Plastic Wrap

Ingredients:
1 14-Ounce Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk *Not Evaporated, that is something completely different*
2-Cups Cold Heavy Cream
1-Tablespoon Instant Espresso Coffee
1-Tablespoon + 1-Teaspoon Coffee Extract
2-Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips *I used Ghiardelli Medium Size*

*Note: You can adjust the amount of coffee extract, I like mine to have a stronger coffee flavor, this is not too over powering. Taste the espresso whipped cream using a little coffee extract at a time, you  can decide how much you like.*


Directions:
Add the espresso coffee and the heavy cream into your stand mixing bowl. Mix on high until the espresso dissolves and the whipped cream forms stiff peaks.





















In the large mixing bowl not the stand mixing bowl, add in the condensed milk and 1/2-Cup or so of the espresso whipped cream. Gently fold in the condensed milk with a spatula, you want to have stiff peaks of the espresso whipped cream. Now add in some more of the espresso whipped cream from the stand mixing bowl, again gently fold in.  Keep transferring the espresso whipped cream into the large mixing bowl and continue to fold until all of it is transferred to the large bowl.


Now add in the chocolate chips, stir gently, folding until it's well blended.  Next, pour the mixture into the glass loaf pan, spread it evenly across the top using your spatula.  I added extra chocolate chips on the top, you don't have to.  Cover the glass loaf pan tightly with plastic wrap and freeze over night.





















Once hardened you can serve in bowl, in a cone, etc., or make ice cream sandwich cookies as I had previously mentioned. I will post the Chocolate Pizzelles as soon as time allows. Using a sharp knife, slice the ice cream, lay it onto a plate. Using a medium size round biscuit cutter, cut the ice cream into a circle. Place between two round cookies and enjoy!





















Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment