Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Green Beans Almondine

This makes a delicious and nutritious vegetable side dish, you can pretty much serve this along side any meal. I paired this with Rosemary Center Cut Pork Roast (recipe will be listed on here as time permits.) Creamy Mashed Potatoes, New England Baked Beans (I will get that recipe on as soon as time permits.)  These are just suggestions for you and what I had served them with, the options are endless. *Sorry, I didn't take pictures of the listed ingredients and step-by-step instructions as usual, I was in a rush and had forgot.*

What You Will Need:
Sharp Knife
Large Frying Pan

Ingredients:
Handful of Almonds More Or Less, Whole or Slivered. *I used whole this time.*
1-Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-Tablespoon Butter
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1-Small Sweet Onion, Peeled and Chopped
1-10.8 Ounce Bag of Green Beans *I used frozen "Steam Fresh" from Birds Eye.*

Directions:
Follow the directions on the green beans.  Set your stove top to medium high heat, add in the olive oil and butter, let melt. Once melted add in the onions cook until soft, I didn't caramelize (brown) them this time.  Once soft add in the almonds and green beans, cook for about 5-minutes stirring so everything cooks evenly.  Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with your meal of choice. Another delicious suggestion for you, sometimes I will add crisp cooked bacon to this dish.  Everything is better with bacon, right?  😁



 Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment