Saturday, December 16, 2017

Honey Apple Pork Loin Done In A Crock Pot (Slow Cooker)

This is so easy and delicious at the same time. I like making this during the holidays because on Sundays I'm usually busy making cookies, desserts, breads, butter and decorating the house.  I hope you like it. I made enough to feed 8-people, you can half it or freeze the left-overs in a freezer proof zip lock bag.  I usually don't have left overs.


What you Will Need:
6-Quart Crock Pot - Slow Cooker or Larger
Measuring Cup and Spoons
Sharp Knife
Apple Corer With Slicer
Paper Towels or Linen Kitchen Towel
Plate
Serving Platter

Ingredients:
2-24 Ounce Pork Loins
4-Granny Smith Apples or McIntosh, Sliced, Cored and Divided
2-Large Yellow Sweet Onions, Peeled and Sliced **Or whatever onions you like, I find these work best.**
1-Stick Of Butter Sliced
1/2-Teaspoon Salt **I used whole Pink Himalayan I grind it myself. You can use whatever you like.**
1/2-Teaspoon Colored Peppercorns.  **I grind my own, you can use regular Black Pepper**
1-Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2-Cup Pure Honey
1/2-Teaspoon Fresh or Dried Thyme. If fresh use a few sprigs.**I used Dry this time.**
**You can adjust the herbs and spices to your own personal taste**

Directions:
Place your Crock Pot - Slow Cooker on a flat surface, set to low, the cooking time will be 6-7 hours depending on your Cooker. If you want it done faster, then set to high, the cooking time will be about 3-4 hours.




Pat the 2-Pork Loins dry with either the linen towel or paper towels. Using your sharp knife
cut 1-inch slits across the meat.  Take your apple slices and insert them into the slits and set aside on the plate.




Add the remaining apples into the Crock Pot along with the onions, add the sliced butter pieces on top.




Add in the 2-Pork Loins, laying on top of the mixture.
Sprinkle spices and herbs on top of the Pork Loin.
Drizzle everything with the honey.




Cover the Crock Pot - Slow Cooker  and just let it do its thing.   When the time is up, whichever one you choose, remove the pork loin and place it on a serving platter to rest for at least 5-minutes.  Slice and serve.  I'm sorry I don't have a photos of the finished product, I had a house full of people and by the time I remembered to take photos, we already ate it. LOL! You can serve this on Christmas Eve as part of the Buffet.  You can eat it alone or on a Crusty Bread Roll with my Honey Mustard Glaze which I have already posted on here.  Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF





No comments:

Post a Comment