Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Just Call Me Grace

I now have two Core Strength Balls, one I purchased last month and one my daughter Lauren had gotten me for Christmas. I thought I would use one for sitting as they claim this is better than using a chair and it tightens your abs, etc.,. I went to sit on it and it rolled out from under me, I almost smashed my chin on the desk. I guess I will have to use it while wearing a helmet and face guard. Just call me Grace.

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone and we are now in to the new year.  I am pretty well blessed in my life with a wonderful family and friends. I take all of my friendships very seriously, friends are my blessings.  For the most part I have been healthy with the exception of the Fibromyalgia, Chronic Lyme and Reynaud's. I also had a good run with surgeries two years ago, 5-Kidney Stones surgeries all in one month and one Gall Bladder removal six months later. As they say "This Too Shall Pass."  I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I honestly don't believe that making a promise to yourself once a year on a special day will make you follow through. You either do it or you don't.   

Last year I joined a Boot Camp Class as many of you may or may not know?  It has been one of the toughest and most rewarding challenges I have put upon myself.  Each day my body gets stronger and faster.  I see a great improvement with the flare-ups that I get with the Lyme and Fibro. Not to say I am completely pain free, but the swelling, insomnia, fatigue, headaches, mobility, etc., has been so much better with intense exercise. I finally took 1-hour in the morning 3-days a week and 1-hr in the evenings 2-days a week just for me.  I actually felt guilty for doing this. Why? Because I am a Mom, Gramma, Wife, Friend and care for a houseful of animals.  I know it sounds odd, but that was my original way of thinking.  Family and everything else first and then me at the bottom of the totem pole.  Sometimes we Type A Personalities who want everything just perfect need to take some "Me Time." It's not being selfish, it's deserved.  I shut my mobile phone off when I am attending my classes, if there is a true emergency people know where I am. Being in a class with like minded, health conscious ladies that know how to push their bodies to the limits and encourage each other and have fun while doing so, has been an eye opening experience for me. Who knew being in pain, sweating and looking like a drowned rat at times could be so much fun.  I have had other friends read my posts on Facebook and can't imagine doing what I do.  Well imagine it, because if I can do it so can you.  

Admittedly there are some days I have to drag myself to class because I might be in a flare-up and just don't feel well.  Once I get there and do the initial stretching, socializing with the ladies and then jump right in to HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) I start to feel better. The more my Personal Trainer pushes me, the better I feel mentally, physically and emotionally.  We all joke around about doing Burpees, I don't think there is one person that I know that actually enjoys doing them.  I started off struggling to do one, now I can do 20 in a minute, not too bad. If you have a good group and a good Personal Trainer then the rest will come. He is always setting goals for us, he never yells and has never been judgmental. He is always happy to modify if you truly are struggling or can't physically do a work out. Being extremely competitive, I try to meet or exceed each goal set upon me. There is no better feeling than accomplishment. 

I am hoping this year will be an amazing one. I will be travelling to Ireland in June to meet friends and to do research on my family history.  I can't wait to see where my family hails from.  My dream is to purchase a thatch roof cottage with property and possibly live there under a dual-citizenship. I however will never give up my citizenship here, I love and would die for my country.  A smaller house in my eyes will be less to clean and maintain, freeing up my time to do as I please.  I am a woman that loves simplicity and a life without complication. I am not materialistic and never will be.  "Inanimate Objects" can't be taken with you when you die, so why stock pile them while you are here, or have others inherit them?  I would rather spend my money on making memories travelling and doing activities with my family, at least that is my way of thinking. My kids joke about how after I am gone they are going to donate all of my worldly possessions to charity and will be keeping all of my money. I joke back and tell them "There is no money, so good luck to you there." (Wink).  Objects don't mean a thing to me, I can live with them or without them. What does mean a lot to me are my  family, friends and my animals that I rescue, rehabilitate, adopt and foster. Life  is what you make it. I try to live mine to the fullest and I also try to be the best human being that I can be. Happy New Year everyone.  May you all have peace, love, happiness and health.  Cheers!

*Note: I have no idea why all of my text is hi-lighted, it must be a glitch. My apologies for this I am not sure how to fix it. I have re-written this twice.*



No comments:

Post a Comment