Saturday, August 18, 2018

Kielbasa With Grape Jelly

I know this sounds like an odd combination, but trust me it's very good and easy to make.  Kielbasa aka: Polish Ring can be found without nitrates which is what I buy. Nitrates, preservatives, colors, etc., are not good for you. The Grape Jelly cooks down leaving a sweet sticky glaze, I let my Kielbasa cook so it gets a little dark, making it almost like being barbecued. You'll know what I mean when you try it. A couple of weeks ago I had 2-Sweet Potatoes that I wasn't sure what to do with?  Ding...ding...ding... Sweet and Spicy Potato Chips with my own seasonings, along with Strawberry Salad, I'll be posting both of those recipes on here as well.  I try to make not so ho-hum meals, I'm one that gets bored eating the same food all of the time.  This meal was sweet and savory as well as nutritious as well as delicious, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

What You Will Need:
Sharp Knife
Large Baking Dish
Oven Mitts
Spatula or Spoon

Ingredients:
2 12- Ounce All Natural No Nitrates Kielbasa
1 18-Ounce All Natural Concord Grape Jelly (If you can find an 9-ounce bottle, I wasn't able to.)


Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350-Degrees Fahrenheit

Using your sharp knife, cut each Kielbasa in to slices cutting on the bias. You can cut in to coins - circles if you like, I just like the bias cut for this dish.  Lay each slice down in the baking dish making the first layer, continue layering until all of the slices are in the baking dish.  You don't have to be fussy with this because it's going to be covered with the grape jelly.  Now add the jelly, using your spatula or spoon, smooth the jelly across the top so it's completely covered. Bake in the oven for 45-minutes or until the jelly has thickened.


You will get some dark pieces that looks similar to being barbecued, that's what you want but not burned. Each oven is different so keep an eye on it during the baking process.  Put on oven mitts and remove, place on a heat resistant surface. Give it a stir mixing all of the jelly in to the kielbasa, serve with my above suggestion or with whatever you prefer.






















Print Friendly and PDF












No comments:

Post a Comment