Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Wonderful Brody Has Passed Away

With everything that has been going on here in my little world, I forgot to mention and give tribute to my wonderful English Bulldog, Brody.  Brody was just 5-yrs old and had to be put to sleep on April 11, 2018, due to being diagnosed with cancer.  This was a complete surprise because he was just at his veterinarian's 3-months prior to his diagnosis and nothing was detected.  Brody was eating his dinner one night and blood gushed out of his mouth.  I opened his mouth and he had a fairly large growth in the back of his bottom teeth. Who thinks to check inside of your pet's mouth if there's no problem? I don't but I will from now on. 

The following morning I contacted his veterinarian and she had me bring him right in.  After being examined and having a biopsy of the growth, I was informed that this was a progressive cancer and there wasn't much she could do for him. The one option was to have his bottom jaw removed, but this would be an expensive procedure and it would only extend his life by about 6-months. I wasn't going to put my boy through all of that and I didn't want him to suffer. It was decided between the veterinarian and I, the best and kindest thing to do was to have him put to sleep while he was still happy and not in a lot of pain. Once again I was losing a beloved pet, companion. I have had so many loses as it was the past 3-yrs and now here is one more.  My heart was breaking as I held him in my arms one more time. He snuggled in to me and kept kissing my cheek until he quietly passed away.  I will miss him every day that I am here on earth.  Rest in peace Brody boy, you are now over the Rainbow Bridge with the rest of your family. That's my grandson Caleb with Brody, they were best buddies and inseparable whenever Caleb came to visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment